Dr. Paul B. Smith
Paul was the third of three children born on June 1, 1921, to Oswald and Daisy Smith.
Like his father, Paul entered the world as a frail, delicate boy, but was destined to preach the gospel to multitudes around the world.
He married Anita Lawson, June 8, 1946; they had three children, Glen, Jann and Jill.
Paul joined The Peoples Church staff as Assistant Pastor in 1952. He then went on to serve as Senior Pastor from 1959 to 1994.
Under his leadership, the church relocated to its present facility at 374 Sheppard Avenue East, October 28, 1962.
Realizing the need for a foundation in Christian education, he established The Peoples Christian Academy in 1971.
He was the author of more than ten books.
Following in his dad’s footsteps, Paul had a passion for missions and raised millions of dollars for world missions.
He went to be with the Lord April 30, 1995
Passing of the Baton: