Peoples Ministries Inc. understands itself to be one expression of the body of Jesus Christ on earth, functioning in obedience to His will, primarily as expressed in Scripture, and in dependence on His Spirit for the furtherance of His purposes.
This mission is primarily expressed in The Peoples Church by:
- active evangelism among unbelievers
- the corporate worship of God; the exposition of His Word; and the encouraging of smaller interest groups, to facilitate the teaching and nurturing of believers.
- in a full, central, and sacrificial participation in World Missions, under the slogan:
Growing the body of Christ for God's Global Mission
1. A Community of Worship
- A place where God is acknowledged, honored and obeyed.
- A place where the Glory of God holds priority over everything else.
- A place where we expect to please God by the spirit in which we fulfill our responsibilities
- A place where the Lordship of Christ is evident.
2. A Community of Character
- A place where respect and love mark our relationships.
- A place characterized by integrity in our private and public lives.
- A place where honesty overrides any temptation to falsehood between one another.
- A place of financial integrity and openness.
- A place where responsibility takes precedence over rights.
- A place where loyalty is given and received.
- A place where commitments are made and promises kept.
3. A Community of Inter- Dependence
- A place where we acknowledge our dependence on God as the source of our strength and wisdom, knowing that without him, 'we can do nothing' of eternal significance, whilst equally acknowledging that God has chosen to do his work through people like us.
- A place where we acknowledge our interdependence upon one another, recognizing the different gifts given to each member of the body.
- A place where we work for a spirit of unity in our diversity.
- A place where in prayer we bring our needs humbly before God.
4. A Community of Wisdom
- A place where we recognize wisdom as a higher virtue than knowledge, and where our goal in the imparting of knowledge, is to equip people to live wisely
- A place where the Scriptures are held to be the prime source of wisdom, instruction and knowledge.
- A place where truth is not of merely intellectual interest, (though we will handle truth with intellectual rigor), but always for the end purpose of conformity to the will of God in our behavior.